Fresh off the heels of her victory at the Chicago Open, Coach Megan will be defending her title at the Mid-American Weightlifting Championship & DeGarmo Memorial this weekend!
Megan’s weight class competes this Saturday, October 25, weighing in at 8 am and lifting at 10 am. She’d love to have the support of her fellow friends and members if you’re able to make the trip out to see her! Details can be found at the link above.
Looking to dial in your nutrition while working hard in the gym? Maybe you’re ready to take your training to the next level by following a diet aimed to increase performance? Or are you just hoping to lose a few pounds (remember: unfortunately, no matter how hard you work in the gym, you CANNOT out-work a poor diet)? Maybe you’re happy with where you’re at but you know you can eat better? If any of these situations apply to you….
Why wait until AFTER the holidays to be healthy?
The Kitchfix Bootkamp is a 21-day program led by Kitchfix’s nutritionist, Jenny Westerkamp, RD.
The Bootkamp will start on November 3 and end on November 24.
As a bootkamper, you will receive:
- discounted Kitchfix gift card to use during the 21 days
- menus of recommended Kitchfix meals to meet your specific goals
- access to Jenny Westerkamp, RD for personal questions and guidance
- daily “challenge” emails to stay educated and motivated
- nutrition handouts to help with meal planning outside of Kitchfix meals
CHOOSE FROM TWO OPTIONS:
- You pay $325, you receive…$375 Kitchfix credit
- You pay $199, you receive…$225 Kitchfix credit
Get healthy BEFORE the holidays with @Kitchfix Bootkamp!
Visit kitchfix.com/blog to learn more and register!
Once you register, you will be given all the necessary information before, during, and after the Bootkamp.
For any questions please email Jenny at email@example.com.
Registration is now open for the FREE Foam Rolling & Lacrosse Ball Class with Airrosti on Saturday, October 25th at 11:30 am. Sign up now!
- increase the weight on each set by either starting your first work set at 80% or centering your 5 work sets around 80%
30 wall balls (20/14)
30 hang power cleans (95/65)
30 ab-mat sit-ups
20 wall balls (20/14)
20 hang power cleans (115/75)
20 ab-mat sit-ups
10 wall balls (20/14)
10 hang power cleans (135/95)
10 ab-mat sit-ups
- add weight to your barbell after each run
Yoga: 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Open Gym: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
FREE Trial CrossFit Class: 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
Strength programming for the week of 10/20/14 – 10/26/14:
- accumulate 30 muscle-ups (sub: 30 strict pull-ups, 30 strict ring dips)
20 min. AMRAP
- 10 burpees
- 8 deadlifts (115/75)
- 6 hang power cleans (115/75)
- 4 front squats (115/75)
- 2 thrusters (115/75)
- 400m run
- use the same barbell & weights for each movement
A 6-week RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge) workshop series is being held at ID Gym (2727 N. Lincoln Ave.) beginning this Saturday, October 18 running through the following Saturdays until November 22. All sessions will be held from 1 pm to 3 pm and cost $125 per workshop (if you purchase all six workshops, there is a $100 discount!).
If you’ve ever wanted to learn more about proper usage of a kettlebell and how to incorporate more kettlebell work into your training, this is a great opportunity to do so! The following movements will be covered in-depth on these dates:
- Turkish get-up and squat patterning
- cleans and squat patterning*
- pressing and shoulder mobility
*requires swing workshop completion or a session with one of the trainers to attend
Contact Katie Petersen at firstname.lastname@example.org to register!
- start at 85% of your 1 RM for your first work set then build heavier each successive set
- 400m run
- 21 kettlebell swings (70/53)
- 15 handstand push-ups
Next weekend (10/25-26), CrossFit Rise will be hosting the
2014 Mid-American Weightlifting Championship & DeGarmo Memorial.
Coaches Joey and JJ will be lifting at this meet on Sunday in the 85 kg weight class. Weigh-ins are scheduled for 8 am and the lifting will begin at 10 am. We’d love to have the support of our members watch us lift at this meet. Come out if you can make it!
CrossFit Rise (1207 Remingtion Rd Suite 107, Schaumburg, IL 60173)
- compare to 2014.08.18 or 2014.08.12
15 min. AMRAP
- 3 power snatches @ 65% 1 RM
- 6 push-ups
- 9 wall balls (20/14)