D St. destruction
Team DSCF killed it this week! Kate spiked the world, Pat played with one hand (the other was occupied with a drink!), Jenna was Ms. Indecisive and Will still had to do something. Jen and Pat teamed up for a solid combo. Phil made an all star appearance with some hardcore serves. Alex brought the super hustle, as usual!! All in all, our most successful week yet!
Join us after the evening classes tonight for the 2014 CrossFit Games Viewing Party!
16 min. AMRAP
- 150m run (to Leavitt and back)
- 30 double-unders
- 15 shoulder-to-overheads (135/95)
- 30 ab-mat sit-ups
Co-Ed Beach Volleyball TONIGHT
- 6:30 pm on Court J1 at North Ave. Beach
back-rack walking lunges
- 5×10 steps down and back (20 steps total per set)
optional: if you have the shoulder mobility to hold a barbell overhead, overhead walking lunges with the barbell may be performed instead (no handstand holds between sets necessary if this option is selected)
- increase the weight for each set of lunges – challenge yourself to go as heavy as possible under control (this should be exhausting)
- superset means alternating one set of lunges then one set of handstand holds then lunges then handstands etc. for five total sets of each
- 15 pull-ups
- 20 box jump step downs (24/20)
- 800m run
Emporium Arcade Bar will be showing the 2014 CrossFit Games this Friday night at 8 pm!
If you’ve ever wondered:
- who is this “Rich Froning” character?
- what are these “Games”?
- who is so-and-so from the morning/evening classes?
- what happens when a Ninja takes on a Unicorn? (rotating tap list)
- will I ever have the opportunity to see what it was like to watch JJ play Ivan “Ironman” Stewart’s Super Off Road so obsessively that his parents had to yell at him that it’s time to get seated at the restaurant? (video game list, pinball machine list)
Now is the time to get those questions answered!
- Emporium Arcade Bar (1366 N Milwaukee Ave. MAP)
- 8 pm
- 2014 CrossFit Games on the big screen projector
- BYOF (Bring Your Own FOOD – yes, you may bring in whatever food you like!)
- craft beers
- making friends
- making memories
clean and jerk
- 15 min. to work up to a heavy triple
- 5 min. to work up to a heavy double
- clean and jerks do not need to be touch-and-go
- 400m run
- ME of the following movements in each round:
- round 1: kettlebell swings (53/35)
- round 2: push-ups
- round 3: elevated-feet ring rows
- round 4: walking lunges
- round 5: burpees
- each movement is performed for only one round in this workout so get as many as possible completed each time you come in from the run
- kettlebell swings, push-ups, and ring rows can be performed in any order across the first three rounds if equipment needs to be shared
- everyone will perform walking lunges together in round 4 and burpees together in round 5
- keep track of five separate totals
A few of our members have recently ordered, or are in the process of ordering, meals from Kitchfix (see more about them below). The process for ordering and pick-up is super simple:
- Select your meals from their weekly menu, including the sizes you’d like
- Pick up your meals from a Kitchfix hub ($3 fee) or have them delivered ($10 fee)
If we have enough members ordering from Kitchfix we could become hub, thus saving everyone some money on delivery!
Please let us know if you are interested in ordering from Kitchfix by emailing JJ at firstname.lastname@example.org. Next week we will speak to them about becoming a pick-up point for your meals!
Kitchfix is a Chicago-based company that specializes in providing superfoods with super standards to help busy people live the healthiest possible lives. They create ready-to-eat, delicious, chef-crafted meals made with nutrient dense, locally sourced, organic, gluten free, and dairy free superfoods.
D St. does it on the field!
(picture to be included next time)
Division St. CrossFit’s co-ed softball team had their inaugural game this past Sunday and this week we won 9-4. Greta and Cassidy played a gold-glove caliber right side of the infield. Gordon had two Ichiro-like infield singles. And the lineup turned over several times scoring nine runs on the combination of line drives and aggressive baserunning.
We totally dropped the ball on bringing beers though. That will change next week.
- if you’re inclined, try increasingly heavy sets where your third set is around 80% and the next two are heavier than 80%
- for example:
- 2% increments at 76/78/80/82/84%
- 2.5% increments at 75/77.5/80/82.5/85%
- 5% increments at 70/75/80/85/85-90% (only if you have not retested your back squat recently or feel like you are not near your potential….90% is heavy)
- 100 double-unders
- 50 push presses (95/65)
- 25 toes-to-bar
Open Gym: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
FREE Trial CrossFit Class: 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
D St. gets BLITZ….krieged
We had our best showing yet (10 players!) but apparently our programming decided to focus on general physical preparedness instead of frivolous volleyball practice (editor’s note: go figure!). Alex joined the team this week and we initiated him by making him go for a swim The Busses spiked a ton, Kate blocked a man (editor’s note: insert joke here), Big Meg got blocked (editor’s note: insert next joke here), and Will continued to improve his form (editor’s note: as evidenced by the above picture – what? ew.). We again destroyed the competition with our phenomenal drinking skills (editor’s note: WAY TO GO, guys).
- 8 kettlebell snatches (53/35) (sub: single-arm russian kettlebell swings)
- 8 hand-release push-ups
- 200m run
- kettlebell snatches can be performed in order/combination in regards to left and right arms