September 2014′s Workout of the Month is….
“Fight Gone Bad”
1 min. ME wall balls (20/14)
1 min. ME sumo deadlift high-pulls (75/55)
1 min. ME box jumps (20/20)
1 min. ME push presses (75/55)
1 min. ME calorie row
1 min. rest
If you were lucky enough to perform this workout this past Friday, August 29 then you’ll have a baseline score to compare against when we do it again on Monday, September 29! Still feel free to do this workout during Open Gym hours if you’d like to get a preliminary score in the books or if you know you won’t be around at the end of the month.
No Softball Over the Labor Day Weekend
We lost last week 5-2. Go Canada.
(It took them a week to get over the loss to provide us with an update. One more regular season game next Sunday at 1 pm and then it’s the playoffs the following weekend!)
Get your PRs for the month of August 2014 on the PR Board by TOMORROW before it gets wiped down this week! Put your Fran times up on the Workout of the Month board as well!
40 power cleans (135/95)
40 ring dips (sub: band-assisted ring dips or push-ups)
Closed in observation of Labor Day
Yoga: 10:00 am – 11:00 am
Open Gym: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
FREE Trial CrossFit Class: 11:30 am – 12:15 pm
12 min. EMOM
- odd minutes: 3 snatches @ 75% (+/-5%) 1 RM (attempt to work touch-and-go)
- even minutes: ME unbroken push-ups (no longer than 30 seconds)
15! kettlebell swings (53/35)
- 15 kbs, 1 burpee, 14 kbs, 2 burpees, 13 kbs, 3 burpees, etc. etc.
Let us know by the end of the day TODAY if you are in for the DSCF White Sox Social Outing on Saturday, September, 13. This will be a great time to hang out with your friends as well as make new ones!
“Fight Gone Bad”
- 1 min. ME wall balls (20/14)
- 1 min. ME sumo deadlift high-pulls (75/55)
- 1 min. ME box jumps (20/20)
- 1 min. ME push presses (75/55)
- 1 min. ME calorie row
- 1 min. rest
Sign up for the DSCF Fantasy Football League before it fills up and the draft time is set!
20 min. to work up to a heavy set of
- 3 touch-and-go power cleans + 1 push jerk + 1 split jerk
- 400m run
- 15 overhead squats (95/65)
- compare to 2014.06.09
We have extended the deadline for RSVPing to join the DSCF White Sox Social Outing to this Friday, August 29!!! Click the link to find more information about the event and how to let us know if you want in!
10 min. AMRAP
- ME unbroken kettlebell swings (53/35)
- 200m run
- ME unbroken handstand push-ups
- 200m run
- if scaling HSPUs, do not perform negatives. rather, select a number of ab-mats (less than 3!) with which you can perform unbroken repetitions. if you cannot get into a handstand, select a push-up scale with which you can perform unbroken repetitions.
- score is two numbers: total kettlebell swings / total HSPUs
Are you ready for some footballlllll?
What’s up football nerds??? With the NFL season fast approaching (yes, I know….ALREADY), we thought it would be fun to up the intra-box competition/camaraderie with a
DSCF FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE!
The league would be set up as such:
- 10-12 teams/people (we suppose you could partner up with your husband/wife/significant other/lifting partner/brotha from another motha/sista from anotha mista/idk my bff Jill)
- standard scoring, non-ppr
- snake online draft on Wednesday, September 3 (with an optional get-together for a live draft at a local bar)
There would also be a 50 “burpee” buy-in (think “burpees” as in “roses” like on those creepy Craigslist ads – NOT gonna provide a link to that reference) so that no one flakes out mid-season.
If you are interested in participating, please email Henry “HenDogg” Brooks at email@example.com.